The 2021 Alexandria 9/11 Heroes Run is a Virtual Event with a twist!
Just because we couldn't get our permit this year, doesnt mean we can't see each other!
We are having in person packet pick up and social for this event!
More details are coming soon!
If you'd rather have your packet mailed to you please register here
Run, Volunteer, Donate, Cheer…but most of all: HONOR
We RUN, WALK and RUCK to honor the heroes of 9/11.
We run, walk and ruck to HONOR those who’ve served our nation since.
We run, walk and ruck to ACTIVATE & UNITE COMMUNITIES and EMPOWER local veterans, active duty, first responders, and families of the fallen.
The 9/11 Heroes Run 5k welcomes runners, ruckers, and walkers of all levels, ages and fitness experience to honor the heroes of 9/11 and those who’ve served our nation since. We activate & unite communities and empower local veterans, active duty, first responders, and families of the fallen.
TMF is proud to partner with GORUCK again in 2021 with rucking divisions at every run. Rucking is a sport based on special forces training in which participants walk or run while carrying weighted rucksacks.
All participants registered for the GORUCK division will earn this exclusive TMF GORUCK patch. Learn all about the sport of rucking and GORUCK: The Rucking Company here.
This run series was started in 2007 by the family of fallen 1stLt. Travis Manion (USMC) as a grassroots run in his hometown Doylestown, PA with 300 runners. The 9/11 Heroes Run now has more than 90 race locations around the world, presence in 38 different states across the country, and unites more than 60,000 people yearly to celebrate our heroes and spread awareness. Proceeds are used to directly support Travis Manion Foundation's mission to empower our nation's veterans and families of our fallen heroes to develop character in future generations. In select locations, a portion of race proceeds are granted back to a local nonprofit partner whose mission is also to empower these heroes.
Virtual Run Location
Run Anytime and Anywhere you choose
Packet Pick Up Details coming soon!
COVID-19 Race Day Recommendations
Please self-screen for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
If you have any of these symptoms, please stay home on Race Day. If requested, we can transfer your registration to Virtual Runner and your packet will be mailed to you.
If you have not been fully vaccinated, we recommend the following prevention measures:
- Wear a face covering that covers both your nose and mouth to protect yourself and others.
- Wash or disinfect hands after interaction with volunteers, other individuals, or items at the event. Hand sanitizer, handwashing stations, and washroom facilities will be available on-site.
- Clean and sanitize any items before and after use.
- Maintain 6 feet separation from other individuals where possible.